Days of Service
- January: Martin Luther King Day (3rd Monday)
- March: AmeriCorps Week (mid-March)
- April: National Volunteer Week (2nd or 3rd week)
- June: United Way Day of Action
- September: September 11th National Day of Service and Remembrance
- October: Make a Difference Day (4th Saturday)
- November: Family Volunteer Day (Saturday just prior to Thanksgiving)
Provides school supplies, dental screenings, haircuts, and so much more to children in the tri-county region.
Trinity United Methodist Church and United Way of the Great River Region come together each year to coordinate a community partnership to help students and families with back to school costs. Trinity United Methodist Church began the event in 2004 and United Way joined as a partner to serve more students and families. Area churches, organizations, businesses and individuals come together to pool resources and reduce duplication of costs associated with multiple events. Over 550 backpacks with selected school supplies are packed by volunteers each year.
International Walk to School Day
United Way of the Great River Region partners with Hawthorne Elementary School to participate in this annual event held in early October each year.
Mobile Food Pantry
Food Bank of Iowa and New Testament Christian Church in Keokuk provide bi-monthly food distribution for families in need.