MISSION: Uniting people and resources to build a stronger community.
VISION: United Way of the Great River Region will be champions of our community, empowering individuals and improving lives, while striving for IDEALS that facilitate lasting, positive change.
- Integrity ~ We practice care, compassion, and honesty in the stewardship of resources and relationships entrusted to us by our community.
- Diversity ~ We value each person’s unique gifts that strengthen our community through individual experiences, skills, and resources.
- Excellence ~ We focus on achieving the highest standards of organizational excellence and are committed to achieving our mission and vision.
- Accountability ~ We ensure effective, responsible, equitable, and ethical management of the resources given to us by our community.
- Leadership ~ We present a robust and united voice that inspires people to build a better, more self-sufficient community.
- Solutions ~ We work collaboratively, effectively, and strategically to improve local health and human service needs, while creating a caring and responsive community.
United Way of the Great River Region Philosophy on Volunteerism
Because human investment builds stronger communities, there is a compelling need to encourage and maximize civic participation to address unmet needs in the tri-state area. United Way of the Great River Region believes that a community where citizens are empowered through service to meet community challenges will make lives better. To support this vision, the United Way of the Great River Region, its Volunteer Center, and RSVP:
- will engage and infuse volunteers in all levels of programming and development in order to create a thriving and cohesive organization;
- will develop ongoing partnerships in the community by bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds;
- will create an atmosphere where the contributions of volunteers are embraced, valued, and recognized.
United Way of the Great River Region Diversity Statement
As a human services organization continuously seeking to deliver community impact and maintain quality service to our donors and clients, the United Way of the Great River Region places high value on diversity.
UWGRR values the uniqueness of the individual, the power of the collective good, and the importance of communities. We promote a climate that welcomes, understands, and respects the diversity of our clients, donors, staff, volunteers, agencies, and community partners. Dimensions of diversity include but are not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, and genetic information, or age.
UWGRR is committed to incorporating practices that enhance diversity in all areas of activity, including recruiting and retaining staff and volunteers from diverse backgrounds.